The Dover District Tenants' Consultative Group (DDTCG) are a local group of Dover District Council tenants and leaseholders.
They are a non-political Group that represent the views and interests of tenants and leaseholders across the Dover District. They are independent, however work closely with DDC as a consultative body to resolve issues and recommend improvements to the service.
Elected postholders for 2023:
- Neil Drakley, Chairperson
- June Bailey, Vice-Chair
- Vacant Post, Secretary
The Groups' Annual General Meeting is being held on Tuesday 23rd January 2024 at 11am, where elections for 2024 posts will be held. If you would like to attend this meeting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
What does the DDTCG do?
The DDTCG meet 6 weekly to discuss local issues with Dover District Council. The group have worked on many community projects over the years to help improve the estates for residents who live there.
DDTCG members receive regular training to make sure that they have the skills to work effectively with housing staff on behalf of the tenants and leaseholders they represent.
The group play a big role in the annual Competitions for tenants and Leaseholders, this year they are judging the Garden Competition.
Some of the things we will be doing in 2024:
- Scrutinising the satisfaction of the tenants on how their repairs are done and see if there could be any improvements.
- Working on a newsletter.
- Finding out how Dover’s policies work and making sure Tenants' voices help shape them.
- Discuss neighbourhood issues and recommending improvements to the service.
All meetings are held at 11am-1pm to ensure the meeting doesn't interfere with school drop off/pick up. You can join in person or online.
Please email Beth Becks at email@example.com if you would like to receive an invite to a meeting. All tenants and Leaseholders are welcome.
Here are the dates of all the meetings throughout 2024:
- Tuesday 23 January 2024, HMS Tracker Room, DDC (AGM)
- Tuesday 05 March 2024, HMS Brave Room, DDC
- Tuesday 16 April 2024, HMS Tracker Room, DDC
- Tuesday 28 May 2024, HMS Tracker Room, DDC
- Tuesday 09 July 2024, HMS Tracker Room, DDC
- Tuesday 20 August 2024, HMS Brave Room, DDC
- Tuesday 01 October 2024, HMS Brave Room, DDC
- Tuesday 12 November 2024, HMS Tracker Room, DDC
Meetings are held on Tuesdays between 11am-1pm.
Join the Group
Are you a DDC Tenant or Leaseholder? If yes, could you spare 2hrs every 6weeks?
The group currently have 8 members but can have up to 12 members, so they are always looking for new members and welcome any interested tenants or leaseholders to come along to see what the meeting is like. If you would like any more information about coming along or becoming a member please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
You are more than welcome to join a meeting with no obligation to join the group officially. The group are a friendly and welcoming bunch, with a shared goal to improve services for tenants and leaseholders.
Free refreshments are provided and a a mixture of online or in person meetings are available based on your personal preference.
Code of Conduct
To view our resident code of conduct please view the code of conduct webpage
Haven’t found what you’re looking for? Please contact us on email@example.com if you think we have missed information or tell us how we can improve this page.