Home > Housing > Housing for Tenants

Housing for Council Tenants

This section is for Dover District Council Tenants and Leaseholders.

If you would like to be a tenant, you first need to be assessed by our Housing Needs Team, find out more here.

To find out more about the Housing Team and what we do, read our newsletter, sign up to our 'Housing For Tenants' Keep Me Posted or see our Who's Who.

Our Garden Competition is BACK for 2023! Find out more and how to enter yourself or your neighbour.

The Tenant Survey is OPEN! Let us know what you think and have your chance to win a cash prize!


FeedbackGive Feedback and Contact Us

Find out how to Contact us and also how to give a comment, compliment or complaint


Update your details

Have you had a new baby? Changed your phone number or email address? or has someone moved out? Let us know so we can keep your information accurate.

Green Lane Estate Inspection July 22

Estate Walkabouts and Estate Events

Join the Housing Staff and your elected Councillors on our estate walkabouts. 

Garden Competition 2019

Garden Competition

The Garden Competition is open for you to enter your own garden or a neighbours.

The competition is judged by the DDTCG.

HandbookYour Tenant Handbook

Your quick reference guide to your tenancy.

RENT calculator


Pay your rent and get advice on money matters.

Jute Fields- DM &TS

Resident Information

Your tenancy, rights (including
Right to Buy) and the important things you need to know.

Solomon House

Leaseholder Information

Selling, littering, altering your leasehold property; Service charges, ways to pay, advice on buying a leasehold property.


Want to move?

Useful information on finding a new home.


Housing for Older People

Find out about our Independent Living Services for our Sheltered Housing Accommodation. 


Antisocial Behaviour

Report antisocial behaviour online and understand how we deal with complaints.

Blow the Whistle - Tenancy Fraud

Report Tenancy Fraud

Do you think someone might be subletting or misusing their property?


Who's Who

Meet the team, find out who your Housing Officer is and what they do for you.

Keep in touch with us and see what we're up to:


Get Involved

Find out how you can get involved to help improve the housing service you receive.

Enter theGarden Competition for 2023.

Newsletter July 22 Front cover


Read our newsletters, reports, policies and other public documents.


Keep Me Posted

Sign up to Keep Me Posted for news and updates about your Landlord service. Tick 'Housing For Tenants' under 'Your Council' section.

 To keep updated with the latest news and consultations about the housing for tenants service, please sign up to Keep Me Posted and tick 'Housing For Tenants'.

Also in Housing For Tenants

  • Who's Who: Find out who your Housing Officer is and what our Officers do.
  • Estate Events: Come along and meet your Housing Team
  • Garden Competition: Find out more and how you can enter this year's competition.
  • Read our Policies: Find out how we work with you and the level of service you should receive.
  • Right to Buy: Find out information about buying your council home.
  • Fire Safety: Read our resources about how to stay safe.
  • Our performance: Find out what we do with our performance information.
  • Rent a garage: We have over 900 garages to rent in the Dover District
  • Complaints process: Find out about how you can make a complaint about the Housing Management Service