Housing for Council Tenants
Please note DDC Officers will be carrying out a series of random and unannounced tenancy audit visits to check that the property is being occupied by the legitimate tenant. Because of the nature of the visits, Officers are unable to let tenants know when the visit will be carried out. If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us.
This section is for Dover District Council Tenants and Leaseholders.
If you would like to be a tenant, you first need to be assessed by our Housing Needs Team, find out more here.
To find out more about the Housing Team and what we do, read our newsletter, sign up to our 'Housing For Tenants' Keep Me Posted or see our Who's Who.
Find out how to Contact us and also how to give a comment, compliment or complaint
Have you had a new baby? Changed your phone number or email address? or has someone moved out? Let us know so we can keep your information accurate.
Join the Housing Staff and your elected Councillors on our estate walkabouts.
The Garden Competition is open annually for you to enter your own garden or a neighbours.
The competition is judged by the DDTCG.
Your quick reference guide to your tenancy.
Pay your rent and get advice on money matters.
Find out what we do with our performance information.
Your tenancy, rights (including
Right to Buy) and the important things you need to know.
Selling, littering, altering your leasehold property; Service charges, ways to pay, advice on buying a leasehold property.
Useful information on finding a new home.
Find out about our Independent Living Services for our Sheltered Housing Accommodation.
Report antisocial behaviour online and understand how we deal with complaints.
Do you think someone might be subletting or misusing their property?
Meet the team, find out who your Housing Officer is and what they do for you.
Keep in touch with us and see what we're up to:
Find out how you can get involved to help improve the housing service you receive.
Enter theGarden Competition for 2023.
Read our newsletters, reports, policies and other public documents.
Sign up to Keep Me Posted for news and updates about your Landlord service. Tick 'Housing For Tenants' under 'Your Council' section.
To keep updated with the latest news and consultations about the housing for tenants service, please sign up to Keep Me Posted and tick 'Housing For Tenants'.
Also in Housing For Tenants
- Who's Who: Find out who your Housing Officer is and what our Officers do.
- Estate Events: Come along and meet your Housing Team
- Garden Competition: Find out more about the competition.
- Read our Policies: Find out how we work with you and the level of service you should receive.
- Right to Buy: Find out information about buying your council home.
- Fire Safety: Read our resources about how to stay safe.
- Our performance: Find out what we do with our performance information.
- Rent a garage: We have over 900 garages to rent in the Dover District
- Complaints process: Find out about how you can make a complaint about the Housing Management Service