Housing for Council Tenants
This section is for Dover District Council Tenants and Leaseholders.
If you would like to be a tenant, you first need to be assessed by our Housing Needs Team, find out more here.
To find out more about the Housing Team and what we do, read our newsletter, sign up to our 'Housing For Tenants' Keep Me Posted or see our Who's Who.
Please note: We will be closed on Monday 19th September for the Bank Holiday to mark the state funeral of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. Our out of hours service will be in place for emergencies and we will reopen on Tuesday 20th September.
View our Planned Maintenance Programmes, see if your home is on the list for 2022-23.
Your quick reference guide to your tenancy.
Your tenancy, rights (including
Right to Buy) and the important things you need to know.
Selling, littering, altering your leasehold property; Service charges, ways to pay, advice on buying a leasehold property.
Useful information on finding a new home.
Find out about our Independent Living Services for our Sheltered Housing Accommodation.
Report antisocial behaviour online and understand how we deal with complaints.
Do you think someone might be subletting their property or misusing it?
Join the Housing Staff and your elected Councillors on our estates. Let us know how we can improve.
Keep in touch with us and see what we're up to:
Find out how you can get involved to help improve the housing service you receive.
Read our newsletters, reports, policies and other public documents.
Sign up to Keep Me Posted for news and updates about your Landlord service. Tick 'Housing For Tenants' under 'Your Council' section.
To keep updated with the latest news and consultations about the housing for tenants service, please sign up to Keep Me Posted and tick 'Housing For Tenants'.
Also in Housing For Tenants
- Whos Who: Find out who your Housing Officer is and what our Officers do.
- Right to Buy: Find out information about buying your council home.
- Fire Safety: Read our resources about how to stay safe.
- Our performance: Find out what we do with our performance information.
- Rent a garage: We have over 900 garages to rent in the Dover District
- Poster Competition: Find out about our Annual Competition and how you can enter.
- Complaints process: Find out about how you can make a complaint about the Housing Management Service