Ready, Steady, Grow!
Please note: It is with regret that due to COVID 19 we have had to cancel our Garden Competition (Ready, Steady, Grow) this year. We are sorry for the disappointment this may cause and we wish you all the best with your gardening endeavours this year.
Please see the details about last year’s competition by clicking on the areas below.
Dust of your dibblers and plant some pansies.
Dover District Council run an annual Garden Competition in partnership with our local resident groups to celebrate the hard work of our most talented gardeners.
Rules of the competition:
- Entries must be from Tenants and leaseholders of Dover District Council's properties
- Previous winners may enter the competition
- Work on gardens must be done by the resident
- Residents are permitted to enter more than one category
- By entering you agree that Dover District Council may share your address and contact information with the judges for the purpose of judging the garden competition
- Dover District Council cannot accept any responsibility for loss or delay to entries
- Front Garden (Open to all gardens large and small)
- Back Garden (Any size, anywhere!)
- Communal or Community Garden (Open to residents who have worked together to create a beautiful shared space.)
- Containers, Pots and Baskets (Only got a small space to work with? This is the perfect category to showcase your balcony, patio or hanging baskets)
- Junior Gardener (Open to all budding gardeners aged 16 years and under)
Judging will take place in July. We will contact you to let you know which day the judges will visit.
* By entering you are agreeing to the competition’s terms and conditions. Your contact details will be shared with the competition organisers (Mears and the Dover District Tenants Group) to enable them to contact you and will be used to notify you of further opportunities to get involved.