As part of our National Lottery funded project at Kearsney Abbey we're building a 180 sq. m. extension to the cafe. This will provide an enlarged café with modern kitchen facilities, along with new customer toilets. The extension and toilets will be fully accessible, including a Changing Places facility. A new outside space will provide additional seating.
Please excuse our appearance whilst this exciting project is underway.
Alkham Road, Temple Ewell, Dover, Kent, CT16 3EQ
Kearsney Abbey is a beautiful and popular location, situated on the outskirts of Dover. The gardens are laid out as informal parkland around two ornamental lakes, with the River Dour flowing through. There are plenty of opportunities to relax watching the wildlife on the lakes, or to enjoy a family picnic in the gardens. The lower lake is used for model boating.
The west wing of a grand country house that once stood in the park is now used as a tea room, with a variety of food and drink to suit all tastes, plus locally produced ice cream.
Report a problem »
We have been awarded £3.3 million from the Heritage Lottery Fund and Big Lottery Fund’s 'Parks for People' programme to bring our Kearsney Parks project to life.
Our step by step guidance for event planning at Kearsney Abbey.
Visiting the parks
The Kearsney Parks are accessible to all, although some routes into the parks may be considered less accessible for wheelchairs and pushchairs.
- The parks are accessible on foot or on bicycle.
- There are three small car parks but with limited space. Disabled parking is available in the Tea Room car park.
- Kearsney train station is just a five minute walk away
- Stagecoach buses stop right outside
- Tea room open every day of the year from 9am–5pm in the summer and 9am–3pm in the winter
- Children's Play Area - Play equipment includes multi-play units, a hill slide, swings and a spinning climbing net
- Toilets and disabled toilet facilities
Kearsney Abbey Junior Parkrun - FREE
Your Leisure and River Parish Council have kindly provided the funding for the park run set up costs.
More information can be found on the Parkrun website.