Enforcement is an important part of the planning system.
It helps to:
- make sure that development is carried out in accordance with the terms of any approval
- remedy any unacceptable breaches of planning control
We have a range of enforcement powers but their use is discretionary.
Planning Enforcement Plan
Our Planning Enforcement Plan sets out how we will address and prioritise breaches of planning control.
- the range of powers available to us
- how we will decide whether or not to pursue enforcement action
- the process of enforcement.
If you are considering reporting a suspected breach of planning control, or would like to know more about the enforcement process, we recommended that you refer to the Plan.
- Anonymous complaints will not be investigated unless they concern a statutory listed building or a protected tree.
- Reports of suspected breaches will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and we will not reveal the identity of a complainant.
Report a Planning Breach »