Easing of National Lockdown restrictions | Visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) section for information and support for residents and businesses. View Dover Districts latest Covid figures here.

Dover District’s latest COVID-19 figures

Number of cases for the seven days to

Rolling rate for the seven days to . England average is

Total cases (up to )

Total deaths within 28 days of a positive test (up to )

7-day rolling case rate compared to England average

Status: Below average (OR Above average if to the right of the dividing line)

Graphic results

All data sourced from coronavirus.data.gov.uk. Please see website for more information about the data and how it is calculated.



Busking is playing music in the street or other public place for voluntary donations.

You do not need a licence to busk in Dover District.


  • cause any obstruction, alarm or danger to members of the public
  • use furniture in the street such as public seats, lamp posts, and bins while busking
  • ask for or collect payment (use a hat or instrument case to receive donations)
  • sell merchandise such as CDs (this would be trading without a licence)
  • cause offense, alarm, or put members of the public in danger
  • produce noise that can plainly be heard at a distance of 50 metres. 

You will need to move on, or stop performing, if requested to do so by a police officer.

Contact the Licensing Section

Telephone: 01304 872295
Email: licensing@dover.gov.uk