Busking is playing music in the street or other public place for voluntary donations.
You do not need a licence to busk in Dover District.
You MUST NOT:
- cause any obstruction, alarm or danger to members of the public
- use furniture in the street such as public seats, lamp posts, and bins while busking
- ask for or collect payment (use a hat or instrument case to receive donations)
- sell merchandise such as CDs (this would be trading without a licence)
- cause offense, alarm, or put members of the public in danger
- produce noise that can plainly be heard at a distance of 50 metres.
You will need to move on, or stop performing, if requested to do so by a police officer.
Contact the Licensing Section
Telephone: 01304 872295