Club Gaming Permit
We issue club gaming permits to authorise the provision of facilities for gaming on premises on which:
- a members club or miners welfare institute (but not a commercial club) operates and
- which are provided in the course of the activities of the club or institute
Each player must be a person who is
- a member of the club or institute who applied for membership , was nominated for membership, or became a member not less than 48 hours before participation
- a guest of such a member of the club or institute
The holder of a club gaming permit is exempt from the need for an operating or premises licence.
The permit authorises three separate activities
- The provision of not more than 3 gaming machines of category B, C, D may be made available for use. Only category D machines may be used by persons under the age of 18 years.
- Exempt equal chance gaming may be provided. The permit however removes the limits on stakes and prizes for such equal chance gaming
- The permit authorises the provision of facilities for prescribed games of chance. There are however certain conditions that must be complied with:
- No participation fee may be charged otherwise than in accordance with regulations
- No amount may be deducted or levied from sums staked or won other than in accordance with regulations
- The public (other than members or their guests or club staff0 must be excluded from any area where gaming is taking place
- The Children and young persons must be excluded from any area where gaming is taking place
Details of the limits on stakes and prizes are available from the Gambling Commission.
Contact the Licensing Section
Telephone: 01304 872295