Because your flat is part of a block, you must pay a share of the costs of maintaining the building and any communal areas and services provided such as cleaning and lighting of corridors and stairways.
These costs are called service charges and listed below are some of the services you would be likely to contribute towards.
- Ground rent and buildings insurance
- Grounds maintenance and cleaning
- Routine repairs, services and maintenance
- Electricity charges for any shared areas, for example, lighting, power to lifts and door-entry systems
- Administration charges/Management fee
- Major works and improvements (eg replacing roofs, structural – these can result in very large service charge bills)
How do I pay my service charge?
By debit or credit card – a surcharge is made for all credit card payments
- Go to the Pay section of our website
- Phone (01304) 872199 to speak to an advisor or use the touch-tone phone number (01304) 872345
If paying by using the 24/7 phone hotline please select option 6, ‘Sundry Invoices’, and have both your invoice number and customer number ready
Bank transfer (online personal banking):
If you are paying through online personal banking please quote the 7 digit invoice number as a reference. Dover District Council’s bank details:
Account Name: Dover District Council
Sort Code: 60 07 04
Account No: 59272864
Ref – This will be the invoice number.
Send a crossed cheque or postal order with your invoice number written on the back, made payable to Dover District Council (not an individual officer) to:
Revenues, Council Offices, White Cliffs Business Park, Dover CT16 3PJ
We will only send you a receipt if you ask for one
At any Post Office or Payzone outlet
Take the invoice with you as it has the barcode details that you will need to make the payment with
1111 2222 3333 4444 5555 6666
PLEASE NOTE THAT CASH IS NOT ACCEPTED AT OUR OFFICES
If you want to pay by cash, please pay at a Post Office or Payzone outlet – take the invoice with you as it has the barcode details that you will need to make payment