Government restrictions | Visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) section for information and support for residents and businesses. View Dover District's latest Covid figures here.

Dover District’s latest COVID-19 figures

Number of cases for the seven days to

Rolling rate for the seven days to . England average is

Total cases (up to )

Total deaths within 28 days of a positive test (up to )

7-day rolling case rate compared to England average

Status: Below average (OR Above average if to the right of the dividing line)

Graphic results

All data sourced from Please see website for more information about the data and how it is calculated.

Home > Housing > Housing for Tenants > Want to move > Looking for a home

Looking for a home

Dover District Council maintains the Housing Needs Register, which is the 'waiting list' for people who apply for council housing in the district. 

Council homes are advertised via Kent Home Choice and to use this service you need to have filled in an application form and have been accepted on to the Housing Needs Register.  

Visit the housing section of our website for more details.

Swapping your home 

You can swap your home with another social housing tenant through a Mutual Exchange.  Please read our Mutual Exchange section which explains how this works and what you need to do.

Read our 'How to Move' leaflet:

Moving out?

Please read our ending your tenancy section which explains everything you need to do when you move out of your council home.