Easing of National Lockdown restrictions | Visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) section for information and support for residents and businesses. View Dover Districts latest Covid figures here.

Dover District’s latest COVID-19 figures

Number of cases for the seven days to

Rolling rate for the seven days to . England average is

Total cases (up to )

Total deaths within 28 days of a positive test (up to )

7-day rolling case rate compared to England average

Status: Below average (OR Above average if to the right of the dividing line)

Graphic results

All data sourced from coronavirus.data.gov.uk. Please see website for more information about the data and how it is calculated.

Home > Benefits > Council Tax Support > Who can get Council Tax Support?

Who can get Council Tax Support?

Who can apply?

You can apply for Council Tax Support whether you own your home, rent, are unemployed or working.

You may get Council Tax Support if you

  • live at the property
  • pay Council Tax; and
  • have a low income, or are entitled to a benefit paid by the Department for Work and Pensions or the Pension Service.

Who can’t get Council Tax Support?

You can’t get Council Tax Support if you are:

  • not the householder, or the person responsible to pay Council Tax
  • of working age and have more than £6,000 in savings 
  • of pension age and have more than £16,000 in savings, unless you receive guaranteed Pension Credit; or
  • are excluded from receiving public funds, due to your status in the UK

For Council Tax Support, pension age means anyone who has reached the qualifying age for Pension Credit

Most asylum seekers and people sponsored to be in the UK can't get Council Tax Support.

Full-time students can't usually get Council Tax Support, but may get a student Council Tax discount.

Contact Benefits

Email: revenues@dover.gov.uk

Phone: 01304 872199