Armed Forces Housing Support
Members of the armed forces, ex-service personnel and their families can face unique housing challenges. The information below aims to help you consider the alternative housing options that are available for you to find good quality, affordable housing that meets your individual needs.
Dover District Council Links
We offer advice about a wide range of housing options and services that may be of interest. These include:
Other Housing Links
- Joint Service Housing Advice Office (GOV.UK): A guide to civilian housing schemes, temporary and transit accommodation and homelessness.
- Housing and local services (GOV.UK): Information on applying for council and housing association housing and benefits.
- Forces Help to Buy (GOV.UK): A scheme to help armed forces personnel get on the property ladder.
- Shelter: Advice on housing, where to live and homelessness.
- The Royal British Legion provide short and long term care for serving and ex-Service people and their dependants in Royal British Legion Care Homes around the country.
- Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association (SSAFA) offers advice and assistance to anyone eligible for their help, whether they are serving or ex-service, or a family member of someone with a service connection. The SSAFA also provide housing and residential home facilities.
Housing options for people leaving the Armed Forces, veterans and their families (CAB): Information for people who are about to leave the armed forces, veterans and dependents, on finding accommodation. Covers sources of help and care homes for veterans and disabled ex-service personnel.
- Buying a home (Money Advice Service): Work out your overall buying and moving costs, first time buyer advice, and tips and tools to help you work out what you can afford.
- Renting and Letting (Money Advice Service): Advice to help you work out how much rent you can afford, and how to budget and share costs when renting
- Porchlight: A Kent-based homeless charity that provide practical help to ex-service rough sleepers.
Please also see our Signpost pages for other useful links: