Not only do we have cliffs, castles and countryside in Dover District, but beautiful beaches too:
Report a problem »
Dogs on beaches and promenades
Dogs are banned from some beaches at certain times. They are also required to be kept on a lead on some seafront promenades.
To find out about our Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) and where and when it applies please visit our PSPO webpage
- 1 May - 30 September between the hours of 9am and 6pm dogs are excluded from the stretch covering Deal Castle to Sandown Castle.
- Dogs on leads are permitted on the pier and on the promenade between Deal Castle & Sandown Castle all year round.
- Dogs are to be kept on leads all year round on the promenade and grassed areas (including Marine Parade and Granville Gardens) at Dover Seafront, from the junction at Union Street roundabout to the roundabout at Jubilee Way, off the A20.
- 1 May to 30 September, between the hours of 9am and 6pm, dogs are excluded from the beach at Dover Seafront, Waterloo Crescent & Marine Parade.
- Dogs are excluded from the Sandwich Bay Mudflats and Salt Marshes.
- Dogs are required to be kept on a lead on the Princes Bay Golf Course Dunes Path.
Shakespeare Cliff beach
St Margaret's Bay
- 1 May - 30 September no dogs permitted between 9am and 6pm on the beach from the south-west end of the slipway to Ness Point.
- Dogs are required to be kept on a lead all year round on the promenade, car park and amenity areas.
Keeping our beaches beautiful
DDC supports the Beauty of the Beach principles to celebrate our coastline and keep our beaches clean.