Government restrictions | Visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) section for information and support for residents and businesses. View Dover District's latest Covid figures here.

Dover District’s latest COVID-19 figures

Number of cases for the seven days to

Rolling rate for the seven days to . England average is

Total cases (up to )

Total deaths within 28 days of a positive test (up to )

7-day rolling case rate compared to England average

Status: Below average (OR Above average if to the right of the dividing line)

Graphic results

All data sourced from Please see website for more information about the data and how it is calculated.

Home > Housing > Housing for Tenants > Contacting Us > Complaints about the Housing Management Service

Complaints about the Housing Management Service

If you are a tenant or leaseholder of Dover District council and are unhappy with the service you have received, in the first instance you must raise your complaint to the housing department. You can do this here by filling in the online form.

Further details about how to contact the housing team and repairs service click here.

Complain to a designated person

If you are unable to resolve your complaint through DDC’s complain procedure you can contact a designated person who can also help find a solution. The designated person is Portfolio holder, Cllr Derek Murphy Their role is to help resolve disputes between tenants and their landlords which they can do in whatever way they think is most likely to work. If the designated person cannot help they can refer a complaint to the Ombudsman. If you have decided not to contact a designated person you can go directly to the Ombudsman eight weeks after we have given you the final response to your complaint.

The Housing Ombudsman

If you remain unhappy with how the Housing Department and designated person have resolved your complaint, you may escalate your complaint to the Ombudsman.

The Ombudsman will work with you and the housing service at Dover District Council to resolve the dispute under their early resolution procedure. The Ombudsman may decide to carry out an investigation; however they only do this for those complaints where they decide an investigation is proportionate to the circumstances and evidence, for example complex complaints involving many issues.

You can fill in the form on their website, or contact them using the following contact details:

Call: 0300 111 3000

Write: Complaint correspondence: Housing Ombudsman Service, PO Box 152, Liverpool L33 7WQ

Other correspondence: Housing Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London E14 9GE



How we learn from complaints

We process and analyse our complaints and use them as a tool to improve our service. Find out how we learn from complaints.