Deal Zone H
- Deal Zone H Residents parking permit scheme is available to assist residents, and their visitors to park on the street close to their homes, the permit is valid for 12 months.
- The parking permit allows unrestricted parking between 8.30am and 5.30pm for the times and days shown on the signs in that area. A vehicle displaying a valid resident or visitor permit may be parked without time limit in a marked bay within the zone for which the permit is purchased.
- Dover District Council operate a VIRTUAL permit scheme where you can have two registrations on a permit, but only one car can use the permit at any time. You will need to log into your on-line account (daily, if need be) and “tick” whichever vehicle needs to be covered by the permit on any particular day.
- To purchase a Deal Zone H residents permit you will need to supply proof that you live at the address the permit is being purchased for, you will also need to supply a copy of your V5 registration document showing the vehicle registered to you at your home address.
- The purchase of a permit does not guarantee a space and does not allow parking on yellow lines.
- A Vehicle may be parked without time limit in a marked bay as indicated below once a valid virtual permit has been purchased.
- Any contravention of the conditions of the Traffic Order, (which is available for inspection during working hours at The Council’s local offices) will render the permit invalid and the permit will be withdrawn.
- Permits are only available for motorcars, motorcycles (with or without) sidecar and light vans not exceeding 3,500 kgs in weight, 5.55m long, 2.5m high* or 2.1m wide excluding wing mirrors.
- Disabled drivers displaying a valid blue badge may park in a marked bay without time limit in Limited Waiting parking areas and do not require a resident’s permit.
- The automated virtual parking permit system will send the permit holder a reminder one month before the permit expires however the responsibility to renew any Permit on its expiry rests with the Permit Holder.
- The Council shall have the discretion not to issue permits to any person who has three or more unpaid and unchallenged Penalty Charge Notices, being those Penalty Charge Notices where payment is lawfully due.
- To qualify for a permit, the vehicle must be taxed and have a current MOT. If a vehicle is found to not be taxed or have a valid MOT, the permit may be withdrawn/refused
Who can purchase a permit?
You must reside within the Zone H Boundary marked on the map to be eligible to purchase a Resident
or Visitor Parking Permit for Zone H.
- College Road (Ark Lane to Alfred Square)
- Victoria Road
- Wellington Road
- Blenheim Road (Wellington Road to Queen Street)
- The Railway Line between Queen Street and Western Road
- Queen Street (to the railway line)
- Western Road (the railway crossing to West Street)
- Beach Street (King Street to Prince of Wales Terrace)
- West Street
- George Alley
- Duke Street
- Nelson Street
- Water Street
- Princes Street (to Ark Lane)
- Peter Street
- St.Patricks Road
- Stanhope Road
- Alfred Square
- High Street
- King Street
- Prince of Wales Terrace
- Deal Castle Road
- The Avenue
Where can I park with a Zone H permit?
The Resident or Visitor Parking Permit is valid in any residents parking bay within the
Zone H Boundary. Current roads are marked in red on the map above.
This permit is not valid for parking in pay and display parking bays within this zone:
- Prince of Wales Terrace
- King Sreet
- Beach Street
- Victoria Road.
Residents in the Zone H scheme may opt to purchase a Zone 2 permit instead of the Zone H Permit, or two zone 2’s or one of each.
The Zone 2 Permit allows parking in:
- Union Road Car Park;
- West Street (Formerly St. George’s) Car Park - Resident permit holders are not permitted to park in the "Church Permit Holders Only" bays;
- Oak Street Car Park;
- The pay and display bays along Beach Street (on-street);
- Permit holders are not permitted to park in the Townhall Car Park.
You can have up to two registrations on each permit (BUT YOU CAN ONLY PARK ONE VEHICLE AT ANY ONE TIME) and a maximum of two permits per address:
Deal Zone H permits are priced between £35.00 and £110.00 for a 1st permit.
If a second permit is purchased the price is between £60.00 and £135.00
Prices are dependant on the emissions of the vehicle, where a permit has 2 vehicles the price will be
based on the vehicle with the highest emissions.
Visitor tickets: £3.00 each, or £30.00 per book of 10
Also available to residents living in Deal Zone H is a DEAL CAR PARKS permit.
You can have up to two registrations on each permit (BUT ONLY PARK ONE VEHICLE AT ANY ONE TIME)
and a maximum of two permits per address:
You may choose one of the following 2 car parks listed below.
- Union Road Car Park
- West St Car park.
The Permit price is based on the vehicle emissions: If you apply to have two vehicles on the one permit the price will based on the vehicle with the highest emissions.
Purchase or amend a permit »
Use our 'My Permit' system to purchase/renew parking permits and visitor passes or change your details.
Tel: 01304 872459